Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Ruffa Gutierrez claims her total independence in ‘Metro Magazine’ July


In Metro Magazine’s July issue, Ruffa Gutierrez shared how much she enjoys hosting The Buzz though she often gets caught in the controversial POV segment of the show. She has had to clear her name many times in the past few weeks about persistent rumors implicating her as John Lloyd Cruz’s newest ladylove soon who caused his breakup with girlfriend Liz Uy.

Whether or not people believe her whenever she has to defend herself on The Buzz is no longer an issue for her since she wouldn’t dare give up such an exciting job. “Yes, it’s a bit difficult at times but it’s part of what we are. I know how they feel, and I understand how it is. But that makes me more suited for the job, right? I know how to put it into context, and that makes me good at my job.”

Being teamed up with veteran talk show hosts Boy Abunda and Kris Aquino was also a big challenge for her to conquer, which means that she really has to work double time when it comes to tackling hot issues. “Hay naku, I do research ha! It’s not enough that I get the stuff from the writers, I like to call them (the people involved) and get more material. So that if there are things that aren’t accurate, at least I can help fix them,” she stressed. This has no doubt made relationships in her circle of celebrity friends quite complicated because she can easily blurt out their juicy secrets on the show. “There are a few who are careful of what they say around me, especially if they are the talk of the town for the moment. Some of them say, ‘No, don’t invite Ruffa, she’s with The Buzz.’ But a lot of them understand that the show has writers, and it’s not really me who decides what goes on the show,” she related.

Ruffa also explained in Metro Magazine that working in showbiz is the closest thing she could get to making a difference in other people’s lives. Being one of the most beautiful faces in the country coupled with her strength to overcome her rocky marriage to Yilmaz Bektas even led her to become Avon’s spokesperson for their Speak Out Against Domestic Violence campaign, an advocacy which she takes very seriously. But more importantly, the 35-year-old actress-host was determined to claim total independence as a grown woman from now on. “My goal for the coming year is that I take charge of my life. It’s always difficult breaking up with your past or things that you’re accustomed to, but I am a strong girl and I know that I’ll be able to do it,” she stated.

No comments:

Post a Comment