Saturday, June 19, 2010

Piolo Pascual says no to 'Wowowee' for now


Piolo Pascual is just one of the many big stars who was asked by ABS-CBN management to fill in as guest host on Wowowee while main man Willie Revillame is on an indefinite leave. But during the press conference for his new fantaserye Noah, Piolo revealed that he had to say no to the hosting job. “We checked our schedule. Hindi pwede, hindi talaga kaya ng schedule. I’m working everyday. Mondays-Wednesdays-Fridays, I’m taping. Tuesdays-Thursdays-Saturdays, I’m either shooting a commercial, pictorial, doing an out-of-town show, or rehearsing for ASAP. Wala na talagang oras. I’m training (for an athletic competition) pa. I guess marami namang ibang pwedeng gumawa nun.”Nevertheless, Piolo is still open to hosting the noontime variety show for as long as his schedule can accommodate it. “If mag-open ‘yung schedule ko I will be more than willing to do it.” Since Willie went on leave from Wowowee after a controversy involving radio commentator Jobert Sucaldito and ABS-CBN management, several stars have filled in as hosts for the show. Luis Manzano and Billy Crawford are the current guest hosts, while music icons Rico J. Puno, Nonoy Zuñiga, Rey Valera, and Marco Sison are slated to take on the job next.But the guest host who made the strongest impact on the audience so far is still Robin Padilla. Speaking of Robin, many are now comparing Piolo to the action star given Piolo’s upcoming project, the action-fantaserye Noah. “Malaki ang respeto ko sa kanya at hindi na mawawala ‘yun. Hindi pa ako artista, Robin Padilla na siya. Idol ko kaya ‘yun! I don’t see any point of comparison. I don’t think nasa kalingkingan ako nun. Icon na ‘yun.” Robin will soon start shooting his movie with Toni Gonzaga under Star Cinema, but way before that, there had been plans of pairing Toni and Piolo on the big screen. Piolo explained that he is still waiting for a word from Star Cinema on when his movie with Toni will push through. “Kabayo rin ‘yun si Toni, ha ha ha! Grabe kasi magtrabaho. She’s a workaholic like me. Things are not just falling into place right now but sooner or later I know magkakatrabaho rin kami. Naghihintay pa rin ako. I’m still a fan. I love her comic timing. I love the way she does her characters. I’m still hoping. I want to do a romantic movie with her because I believe in her talent.”

No comments:

Post a Comment