Saturday, May 22, 2010

Carmen Soo enjoys her Philippine showbiz career as a Kapamilya


During the previous Holy Week, Malaysian actress Carmen Soo opted to stay in the country to accomplish some work commitments and to hit the beach with some of her non-showbiz friends in between. As a matter of fact, she just came back from Boracay where she happily had some time off to tour the island via the famous paraw sailing. “Yeah, I really had fun riding the traditional sailboat made of bamboo. It was an amazing experience knowing that the paraw is completely dependent on the wind for it to move forward. Of course, the best part was it offered a spectacular view of the island. So it was all fun, fun, fun,” said Carmen in her recent tweets.

As for latest updates about her showbiz career, Carmen excitedly shared with ABS-CBN.com that she hopes to stay longer here in the Philippines to do more projects with the Kapamilya network. “I think last year there were some projects that have been delayed. There have been some problems, you know. Remember there were news about a movie with Kristine Reyes and Jericho Rosales. But they were doing a soap and it was extended so they called it off at that time. I’m supposed to do another project with other stars but let’s see how it will go. I think it’s best to ask Star Cinema about other plans for that movie,” said the ever accommodating actress who’s supposed to play opposite Piolo Pascual in his upcoming film with Zaijan Jaranilla and Xyriel Manabat.

In the meantime, Carmen is more determined than ever to improve her Tagalog so that she can maximize her TV exposure in the Kapamilya network. You would recall that her last acting stint was in Maalaala Mo Kaya together with Luis Manzano back in December of 2009. “I hope to spend more time here in the Philippines this year. I love it here, you know. I also hope to speak and know more Tagalog words so that it’ll be easier for me when we finally start shooting for the movie. At the same time, I’d get to enjoy being around with my Filipino friends if I understand the language much better right? I’m just grateful because a lot of people have been really welcoming here and even encouraging me to fly here more often,” she finally stated.

No comments:

Post a Comment