Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Luis Manzano wants to lessen his addiction to the internet

Luis Manzano is just one of many celebrities who are active in social networking sites, particularly Facebook and Twitter, as their means of staying in touch with friends and fans. However, stories are going around claiming that Luis is finally saying goodbye to the internet. The TV host-actor clarified though that he has decided to give up Facebook in the meantime. “Para less addiction lang online. Ang nangyayari kasi lately parang mas inuuna ko pa ang Facebook kesa breakfast. I still check it naman from time to time pero I want to lessen the addiction. May mga times din kasi sa taping, after ng take pagbalik sa tent mag-FB ako agad imbis na basahin ko ‘yung script.”

He has now come to realize that instead of spending his idle time in front of his laptop, he can actually do other fun and worthwhile things. “I’m always online kasi. Tinawag yata akong Facebook king. Minsan tulog na ako naiiwan ko pang bukas ‘yung FB. Nasasayangan lang ako sa oras. I think I can put my time into better use like hang out with friends or mag-work out na lang.” But Luis said he is not leaving the online world entirely as he will still post shout outs on his Twitter account. “For me Twitter is less addicting,” he reasoned.

But fans need not fret as Luis made a promise to still stay in touch with them through other means. “I’m in constant communication naman with my fans. They can text me naman anytime. Kaibigan ko talaga ang mga fans ko. They know my number and we communicate sa online forums.”

Luis and good friend Billy Crawford are currently hosting Pilipinas Got Talent which is about to reach its grand finals soon. When the show wraps up, Luis is set to do a game show, again with Billy, plus a teleserye.

No comments:

Post a Comment