Saturday, May 22, 2010

KC Concepcion on ‘Simply KC’: 'It is a very new show'


KC Concepcion feels blessed more than ever because aside from being a regular host for The Buzz, she is will now be hosting her own morning show entitled Simply KC which will premiere on Monday, May 24. According to KC, the show is light and fun and it caters to young moms who want to start their day right. Simply KC offers a lot of "first times" in a morning show. "It is a very new show, may new media, meron kaming mga ine-experiment kaya ninenerbyos din ako kung anong magiging reaction ng mga viewers. The show starts with a "vlog"--video log, we have website links to the show which makes it more interactive for viewers. In that way it makes it more real, more personal, more exciting. Sobrang intimate din ng set, which is also a first in the morning shows, the audience are all around you they are just within reach, siguro kaya kaming lahat we feel more at home."


She was ecstatic while describing Simply KC's treatment during the press conference yesterday. She said that the show will not focus on the glamorous side of the guest artists, but more on the natural side of them and their lives behind the cameras. “Unang-una po sa lahat, tao rin po ako, I am just a girl, dito ko napaghalo yung buhay ko sa showbiz, yung mundo ko dito sa Pilipinas. Simple at totoo because pinagdadaanan ko po sa show na ito yung mga pinagdadaanan ng mga artista, yung mga side ng mga celebrity guest na hindi naman din nalalaman (ng publiko) or walang kinalaman sa showbiz, dito po nila maipapakita at sinasama po nila ako sa experience nila. Kwento po ng totoong tao na kwento din po ng mga guest namin na pagdadaanan ko din po kaya po nagiging kwento ko na rin po.

"Lahat ng mga talk shows, Oprah, Ellen, pati na rin po Sharon, lahat yan self-titled I guess because they just wanted to show nga na it is just simply KC, me, my name, not KC na anak ni Gabby Concepcion, anak ni Sharon, but simply just a girl na Pilipina na pwedeng tumira sa ibang bansa pwedeng dito lumaki,pwedeng iba-ibang nararanasan. Also, what’s great about the treatment of this whole show was that I don’t need to talk about me, because I am also experiencing it all for the first time with them so it is more of the experience speaks for itself."

KC happily told everyone that her showbiz career is falling into the right places. KC feels like the fates transpired to bring her to where she is now. "I really see doing the promotion of my album, doing the shooting of my movie, at the same time hosting. It is all working together like with my music, one of the songs that I wrote, we were able to use it as the theme song of the show, and then I get to promote the show through the promotion of my album because of the song." KC added that hosting is something she thinks she will be doing for a long time. "I think it is really where I am compatible, with hosting, maybe because that is where I started as wel, on stage, and I am really comfortable doing it, if I stop anything at any time like drama (acting) in the future, if I have a family, I can continue (hosting) hopefully and I would really love it."

ABS-CBN stars such as John Lloyd Cruz, Luis Manzano, Mariel Rodriguez and Pokwang will appear on the show’s pilot week. When she was asked who else she wants to have on her show, she answered, "Tito Boy Abunda and Tita Kris Aquino, sina Papa at si Mama, siguro sila Andi Eigenmann ulit kasi masaya naman po yung naging interview namin sa The Buzz, I feel na meron pang mga bagay na magagawa namin na masaya. Of course sila Angel Locsin, sila Toni Gonzaga. And saguaro (okay din) po yung suggestion din ni Ma’am Charo Santos na gampanan ko or subukan ko yung pasukin ko yung mundo ng mga taong nakakatulong or nakakapagpagaan ng buhay natin katulad ng mga labandera natin, mga hardinero, mga kasambahay, mga driver."

No comments:

Post a Comment